As you go camping, there are various items that you need including a flashlight. The type of flashlight matters in this case; make sure it aligns with your needs.
As you acquire a flashlight, ask yourself, how long should it last? Do you need something that can fit into your pocket or something bigger? Such questions ensure you’ll choose the right flashlight for camping.
The Best Camping Flashlights Reviewed
Anker Bolder LC90
This flashlight has two cells and a capacity of 900 lumens. It is a suitable choice for people who are interested in camping. The flashlight has a full hand grip, and it is not bulky. Also, it is water-resistant, and it can last for 30 hours when using the medium setting. The rechargeable batteries have a 3350mAh capacity. Finally, the light settings include; medium, low, high, SOS, and Strobe.
- Good run time- can last up to 30 hours, which means you don’t need to worry about having extra batteries if you are going camping for a short period
- Rechargeable- since the flashlight has a rechargeable battery, you don’t have to purchase extra batteries
- The size is great- the size is good, and you can carry the flashlight comfortably. It is not too small and not too big
- There are five light modes- the flashlight is suitable for each situation
- Water-resistant- during the rainy season, you don’t need to worry much because of such features
- Well, this flashlight doesn’t have any cons. It’s more of a perfect product
Maglite LED 3-Cell D
This flashlight has three cells, and you cannot lose it easily because of its size. It can run for at least 80 hours. With 165 lumens, it is not the brightest camping flashlight; however, it will provide enough light.
- Durable- this flashlight can ensure rough usage since it is well made
- Can run for 80 hours- during an extended camping trip, the flashlight will run for a prolonged period
- Water-resistant- such a feature comes in handy such that you will not have to worry about the flashlight breaking down when it is exposed to wet conditions
- 168 lumens capacity- the lumen capacity is low, which means the flashlight is suitable for use in close conditions, but it can’t offer enough light for long distances
- One light mode- you don’t have many options as you use this flashlight
This flashlight offers you a large spotlight, and it has a rechargeable battery. The 920 lumens capacity is also adequate. There is also a USB port that allows you to charge your phone and other electronic devices during camping.
- Rechargeable- this feature ensures there is no need for extra batteries
- 920 lumens- with such a capacity, the flashlight produces a bright light that can even light up the forest
- Can charge other devices- do you need to charge your phone during camping? This flashlight can be used to charge your mobile device since it also acts as a power bank
- Not water resistant- since the flashlight is not water-resistant, you should ensure that it is not exposed to wet conditions
- Low run time- the flashlight can only run for one hour
Maglite Mini Pro LED
This is the best flashlight for camping since it is durable, its quality is outstanding, and it produces a lot of light. At 272 lumens, the flashlight can be used for camping. Also, it has two AA batteries and a nylon holster. If you’re in need of a simple flashlight for camping, try out the Maglite Mini Pro LED.
- Has a carrying sheath- the belt carrying sheath comes in handy during camping
- Durability & strength- the flashlight is well made, and it can withstand rough use
- Water resistant- the flashlight can withstand humid conditions
- Can fit into your pocket- the flashlight is compact, and it is not bulky
- Not rechargeable- the flashlight is powered by AA batteries
- Low run time- it can only run for 2.5 hours
What to Consider When Buying a Camping Flashlight
There are a few factors to consider when looking for the best camping flashlight. In this section, we’ll list some of the main aspects you need to evaluate during the purchase process.
1. Run Time
The amount of time that the flashlight remains on before you have to change or recharge the batteries matters. LED flashlights usually last for long. They can run for over 100 hours. Ensure you have acquired a flashlight that will last for a prolonged period depending on your needs.
Ensure you have acquired a flashlight that produces enough light. The brightness is always measured in lumens. For incandescent flashlights, the brightness is at least 150 lumens. However, LED flashlights have a higher lumen capacity.
3. Water Resistant
As you go camping, it may start to rain. Ensure you have a water-resistant flashlight that cannot break down under such conditions.
Is the flashlight well built? Can it break when it slips from your hand? Can you hit it against a wall, and it remains intact? Ensure the flashlight can handle some rough usage before it can cease to work.
5. Light Modes
The ability to adjust the brightness levels comes in handy such that you can ensure you have the right amount of light when you are camping. The light modes also ensure you can prolong the charge present in the batteries.
The size matters. You may want something that can fit into the pocket or a flashlight with a better grip space.
A rechargeable flashlight comes in handy such that you don’t need to have extra batteries when you go camping. Such flashlights can also be used for many years, and you won’t incur additional expenses.
Are you in need of the best camping flashlight? You can choose between the four flashlights that have been listed above. You should also consider the factors listed in the buyer’s guide to choosing the best flashlight.