FRIENDS OF SCOUTING
- Friends of Scouting is the Sequoyah Council’s largest source of funding.
- The annual giving campaign helps ensure high-quality Scouting programs for every youth. Accounting for 54 percent of funding each year, the campaign is vital to our Council’s success.
AN INVESTMENT IN FRIENDS OF SCOUTING HELPS TO FUND:
- Local programs and activities throughout the Council territory
- Camp scholarships, uniforms and registration fees for youth who could otherwise not participate
- The Scout Service Center, which coordinates Scouting activities and provides customer service
- Accident and liability insurance to protect youth and adult members
- Professional staff who counsel, guide and inspire volunteer leadership
- Camps and facilities for year-round camping and Cub Scout family outdoor events
- Opportunities to attend summer camp and high-adventure events
- Advancement programs that recognize Scouts who meet the learning and achievement goals they set for themselves
- The development and distribution of Scouting literature and training materials
- Leadership training for youth who will become future leaders in the community